Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics
|Office||919 Hylan Building|
|E-mail:||vlorman at ur dot rochester period edu|
|CV:||curriculum vitae (5/23/2018)|
|Office Hours:||Summer 2018 by appointment|
This summer I’m joining Alex Iosevich and Jonathan Pakianathan in running an REU in combinatorial geometry. More information here
Courses I’m teaching next semester (Fall 2018)
- MTH 161 - Calculus I
- MTH 255 - Differential Geometry I
I co-organize the topology seminar. Talks are in Hylan 1106A, 3:40-4:40 on Wednesdays. There is also a pretalk, also in Hylan 1106A, 2-3. Here is our schedule–you may have to scroll down a bit.
I study algebraic topology. I am particularly interested in computations related to equivariant and chromatic homotopy theory, as well as applications to geometric problems (such as the immersion problem for projective spaces and computing cobordism rings). I’ve also recently developed an interest in link invariants related to various link homology theories.
Publications and preprints (see my website for abstracts)
- Landweber flat real pairs and ER(n)-cohomology, with N. Kitchloo and W.S. Wilson.
Advances in Mathematics 322 (2017), 60-82. arXiv link.
- This paper comes with a user’s guide!
Multiplicative structure on Real Johnson-Wilson theory, with N. Kitchloo and W.S. Wilson. Contemporary Mathematics, Volume: 707; 2018; to appear. arXiv link
- The ER(2)-cohomology of BZ/(2q) and CPn, with N. Kitchloo and W.S. Wilson.
Canad. J. Math. 70 (2018), no. 1, 191?217. arXiv link.
- Here are some pictures of the AHSS for CP∞, computed in the paper, that Steve Wilson made.
The Real Johnson-Wilson Cohomology of CP∞. Topology and its Applications 209 (2016), 367–388. arXiv link
- The ER(2)-cohomology of XnCPn and BU(q), with N. Kitchloo and W.S. Wilson. (In preparation)